Sunday 28 December 2014

Why I want to experience Exotic Melbourne!!

“We travel not to escape life,
But for life not to escape us”
Anonymous
I love to travel and dream to travel. As they say “I have not traveled everywhere, but it’s on my list.” To me traveling is a way of living, and it’s much more than just exploring exotic locales and staying in luxurious hotels. It’s an opportunity to know the world and the beauty of its diversity. It’s knowing different cultures and different people. It’s like unfolding papers of the manuscript of an un-published book.

Melbourne Night

There are many places across the globe which attracts and intrigues my fancies, Melbourne in Australia is one such names in my wish-list. I think Melbourne can be termed as a complete treat to the traveler’s needs. From sun kissed beaches, to exotic vineyards, from outlandish wildlife to road side coffee culture, Melbourne has it all. It offers an exotic spread to quench the thirst of the traveler, and that too traveler of all types. Some who loves to bathe in the crimson rays of the sun and enjoy the sea kissing their feet, some who loves to enjoy a steaming cup coffee by the road side and watch the flow of colorful life on the streets.

Colorful beaches

Coffee shop lined streets

The reasons why Melbourne has a special place in my heart and I aspire to witness the extravaganza are many. As I earlier mentioned, to me traveling is a way of life, and Melbourne has a rhythm which I find very attractive. The pictures and videos that I have seen of Melbourne narrates a story which intrigues me. It has too much to offer. Its chic culture, colorful and happy living and nature’s bounty makes it a traveler’s delight.

Australia as a whole has been at the top of my international travel wishlist for long. And Melbourne was among the most important destinations, that I wanted to capture in my memory during my visit to the land of kangaroos. So when I came across this contest in Indivine "What's your reason of falling love with Melbourne, the most livable city in the world?", I was overjoyed and wanted to pen down my reasons, which I am sure are obvious. I also went through their tourism site namely Tourism Victoria Website for more insight. Many of my acquaintances have had the privilege of experiencing Melbourne and have shared their travel stories with me, but I admit that this website has particularity covered every aspect of tourism, from scenic beauty, art and culture to food  and shopping. 

But I think Rohan and Tanmay's Melbourne adventures and its videos are best ways of actually falling in love with the place. The heavenly landscape backdrop and these two exceptionally talented funny men, come together and does the magic. Of all that they have captured in the videos, which I am sure is only a part of the spectacle, the following are my favorite:

Loch Ard Gorge Beach

a. Loch Ard Gorge Beach : This beautiful beach, with the looming hillocks, actually attract my beach loving self. As truly pointed out by the gentlemen, the place does evoke poetry out of a non poet.
Please see the following link: Rohan and Tanmay at Loch Ard Gorge beach

b.Hot Air Balloon: I am an ardent lover of adventure sports. Though a Hot Balloon experience cannot exactly be termed as one, but the thrill and newness of the experience attracted me a lot. The exotic, jaw dropping beauty of the vineyards, the soft crimson rays of the early morning sun and the fly high thing is just awesome.
Please see the following link: Rohan and Tanmay, and the Hot air balloon.

Hot balloon gliding past the vineyards

c. Montalto Vineyard and the Olive Grove: I literally felt jealous to watch these gentlemen in the stupendous beauty of the Vineyard and Olive Grove, I just wish to see it in person some day (sad expression).

12 Apostles 

d. 12 Apostles from the Sky: I love to see the world from an eagle's eye, each time when I board an aircraft and look down, I feel its much more beautiful than we can actually perceive. And if the scenery down is that breath taking, the joy of viewing increases manifold.
Please see the following link: 12 Apostles from the Sky

Eureka Sky Deck

e. Eureka Sky Deck:  Buying an adrenaline rush, is very important in any vacation. The experience of Eureka Sky deck, I am sure, is one such goose bump episode of Melbourne Trip and hence my favorite.
Please see the following link: Tanmay and Rohan get high on Eureka Sky Deck

Though I have mentioned a few of my favorites in Melbourne, but the list is longer than just five. Infact each place had an inherent uniqueness attached to it, a flavor, a rhythm and a story to narrate.

Now there is some good news for my readers as well. Everyone who lays an eye or spares a moment to go through my narrative, is invited to participate in a Quiz Contest.

MELBOURNE QUIZ:
Of all the places mentioned in the link shared below, which place in Melbourne attracts your fancies the most and compels you to visit and Why?
Please see the following link: Places to visit in Melbourne

The best answer will get a gift voucher from Melbourne Tourism. Hurry the contest closes on 4th of January 2015!

Lastly I end up with the hope of visiting this exotica someday and experience its natural beauty, art , food and lively cosmopolitan culture. See you soon Melbourne.

Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

OF THE ANSWERS I HAVE RECEIVED I THOUGHT DD'S ANSWER WAS THE BEST.
PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL TO GIVE  THE  PROMISED PRIZE TO DD.



22 comments:

  1. Great post! After reading your post & watching all the videos, I’d most like to visit the Dandenong Ranges for it’s scenic beauty, breathtaking view and cool breeze blowing through my hair. :P I’d give anything away for driving through the winding roads which are present throughout the ranges. I’d love to stay at one of the bed and breakfast cottages and go on frequent excursions in the forests with my camera which provides excellent views. And not to forget the famous ride in the Puffing Billy, a day reserved especially for that. To add to that, there are also several picnic spots for me and my friends to spend a fun-filled day and the ranges are a perfect spot for hiking and cycling.

    Pingback: https://cruxrebels.wordpress.com/2014/12/24/melbourne-the-place-to-be-see/

    Wish you and your blog a happy new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking my post and yes very happy new year to u.

      Delete
  2. Answer to your question-
    I would like to visit following places -
    1)First I will take drive through the Great Ocean Road - I will enjoy the long drive along beaches and forests.
    2) 12 Apostles from the sky - I would like to see their changing colours through hellicopter and enjoy the hellicopter ride.
    3) for the Penguin Parade - I have never seen this bird and I am eager to watch him.
    4) at A Maze & Things - I like puzzles, mazes and illusions which are good enjoyment for me and my brain.
    5) Queen Victoria Market - for shopping
    6) on the City Circle Tram - for a different experience.
    7) a Hot Air Balloon - I like adventures and like to see the panorama from hot air balloon.
    8) the legendary Puffing Billy - I like to travel in a steam train offering good dining to see the beauty of surroundings.
    9) at Panny's Amazing World of Chocolate - I like chocolates, I like to see making of chocolates and I like to eat or drink chocolates.
    10) at the Peninsula Hot Springs - for taking experience of peaceful thermal pools and spa centers.
    these places in Melbourne. But if I have more money then I would like to see other places in Melbourne mentioned at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2r0ptqQ1wBCimcqdfsBCks1YVaFDczLh

    It would be lovely experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I guess u really have a plan of how u r going make the best use of ur Melbourne trip... :-)

      Delete
  3. The Great barrier reef, what else? There's only one word to describe it completely, - Mesmerising. What more would one want if one gets to see the great barrier reef, the corals and the numerous creature our oceans have hidden away from us still preserving them for us. Ah, the sights make me yearn for a tour to Australia, atleast once in a lifetime.

    - Ranjith (http://www.alightheartedtalk.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U r correct...its in my wishlist as well. Hope to explore its mesmerizing beauty soon.

      Delete
  4. Nice post, you have described the Melbourne beautifully, which made want to go there also.... All the best for the contest... Hope you win it...
    After watching all the videos I would like to visit 'Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm'.
    I'm fond of strawberries and I have a special liking towards farms cause I love the silence and the fresh air. The green scenery is also breathtaking. So I fall for that place.
    Arpita- http://shinningappy.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of u Arpita. Even if I dont' win, ur wish is precious...Thanks for liking..

      Delete
  5. Interesting Post
    After reading your post and watching all the videos
    I feel I have stepped into a kaleidoscope called Melbourne
    Where Vistas of experiences would unfold one after another
    The nature lover in me is enticed by the thought of watching the penguin parade.
    Traveling though the great ocean road, soaking up the freshness as the breeze ruffles my hair gets me in the mood to pack my bags for Melbourne.
    But before I can move ,Puffing Billy whistles and invites me for a ride. The kid in me jumps with joy at the thought of visiting Pannys Phillip Island Chocolate Factory
    Even before I can deside on the list of places that I would like to see in and around Melbourne.
    What’s that noise that I hear ?
    Oh its loud cheer from MCG as the cricket world cup 2015 is about to kick start.
    So many plces to see and so much to do.
    I am thetimetraveler ( http://goo.gl/wdXDzu ) and I have decided … Melbourne here I come ( http://goo.gl/RvUCQf ).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the attractions put together by you in Melbourne are distinctive in their own terms.
    I would like to plan a trip to Grampians as I did not know this place has eye catching sights to offer.
    Also,I am always fascinated by captivating and unified waterfalls and what better than visiting one of the state's largest waterfalls here.
    http://i-pari.blogspot.in/2014/12/reasons-to-see-melbourne-contest.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you Aritra..Melbourne is a city that promises a holiday full of adventure, enjoyment and fun..:)
    Enjoyed reading your post..Given a chance, I would absolutely make a run for Eureka Skydeck 88..Imagine the view of the city from such a great height of over 300 meters and while you are suspended in air in a glass box!
    This is an experience not to be missed and I hope I get a chance to visit Melbourne and go explore Eureka Skydeck 88 soon :)

    -Nikita @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post.Just loved your blog post. I am in love with driving and road trips, The Great Ocean Road is the ideal place for the people like me. I will surely visit that place in Melbourne and enjoy the sea shore, sunrise and gorgeous mesmerizing view.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a pretty well written post and I loved the way you've given the most relevant features for a person who happens to visit the city and is lost.

    So far as I am concerned, the unconventional is surely going to be a part of my choices in Melbourne. 'So, does this mean you won't see the museums and the malls and the markets/' someone may ask.

    My answer will be: It is the pursuit of art in a city that interests me a lot. Yes, I will go up the Eureka Skydeck, but to see how the public art installations by the Yarra walk look like from the top... or how the heritage and the contemporary architecture seem to get along as they sit by each other's side... or how the graffiti on walls seems from a height. Got it?

    So yes, a walk by the Yarra where I've read that they have a lot of public art installations... is going to be an essential part in my itinerary. Yes, I'll also go up for an early morning balloon ride... but to see, click, and sketch the way nature bathes the city in its colours.

    So, art is going to be on my mind in Melbourne.

    Arvind Passey
    www.passey.info

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing Post!! Greatly articulated..

    If I get a chance to visit Melbourne then
    I would like to spend my time in the Great Otway National Park, because I love watching animals. I would love to take a city tour by travelling on the Tram's of Melbourne. By travelling in tram's I want to explore every nook & corner of Melbourne. Besides this I would love to watch the amazing architectures of Melbourne like Eureka Tower, Royal Exhibition Building, etc. And without enjoying festivals, my journey would be incomplete so I will celebrate Australian Festivals.
    And how can I forget The MCG (Melbourne Cricket Ground). As cricket is my favourite sport I would love to watch the Cricket world cup final which will take place at the largest stadium of Australia, that is, MCG.

    - Wanderer

    Blog Name: Meandering through twilight - http://untrodden-trails.blogspot.in

    Melbourne Post:http://untrodden-trails.blogspot.in/2014/12/mel-bourne-global-destination.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement...and yeah I really like the name "wanderer":-)

      Delete