Sunday 23 August 2015

I want to BNLF

“When the days are dark and the nights are long,
You give me strength to carry on”

When I was a kid, I wanted to study science. It was like a prestige issue. After all I was a very good student. But my Father thought differently, he said that I should study literature. Today he is no  more with me, the rough tides of life have snatched his physical presence away, forever. But what it could not snatch, is his words, his opinions. Those live with me. Though I went on to become a Chemical Engineer, completely unaware of the longings of my inside, today I appreciate his understanding of me. About one and half years back, I came to know about blogging. Since then it has been my companion, through thick and thin. My vent, my voice, my travel diary infact my cherished means to emote. Currently I am also working on publishing my first work of fiction. Thanks to the enormous blogging sphere, the generous readers and thanks to Indiblogger, for letting my creative juices to flow and touch hearts. I write everyday, my mind is a thoroughfare of imaginations and narrations. They flow laminar even when the turbulence of stress hampers my reasoning, just because it is solace to me, my stress-management you can say.

Expressing and narrating is one part of the story, the other part is reaching out to people. And for that Indiblogger is a powerful tool, I believe. Ever since I am part of it, I have met interesting people from different school of thoughts, I have known a lot about the massiveness of this blogging environment. However I still feel, I know very little. I crave to indulge into discussing my passion with people who share it. Indiblogger has been arranging many blogging meets, but time and venue did not suit my possibilities and I missed the opportunity each time. But now I really do not want to miss attending BNLF.

Blog Now, Live Forever or BNLF what a thought-provoking and apt title for an event like this. Want to congratulate the creative minds that went into naming it. How true, if you think deeply. Many of us have been writing since many years, narrations which sometimes got lost when wind blew away the paper or we had to reboot our computer. Loosing a creation is like loosing a jewel, whose worth is only known when readers read it, appreciate or condemn and then it goes on to become a memory. But blogging has given us the opportunity to live forever through our creations, which do not dread the fear of getting lost. 

BNLF, an event built, executed and hosted by our very own Indiblogger, is being called the most disruptive Indiblogger conference so far. This very fact excites the expectations of bloggers like me, besides it being held in Mumbai and being a Mumbai Blogger, I just cannot believe to have missed being a part of it.

My crave to know more about the stalwarts of the bogging empire, pulls me to attending and living every moment of the conference. They rightly say “where every note is a keynote”. The conference aims at bringing under the same roof, the pioneers of the industry, building an unique comradeship of eminent bloggers, content creators, investors and marketers. An opportunity of listening to global speakers and interact. It is like a dream come true for people like me, who worship the passion of painting feelings with the master stroke of words, but are new to this concept and want to learn more and more. BNLF will definitely help me in finding an enriching career in my passion. When achievers like Anshul Tewari, Arnab Ray, Kannan Gill,Christoph trappe, Priti Shenoy share their views and experiences, I am sure the take-aways will be worth a fortune. I am really looking forward to spending one of the most productive days of my life so far. 

Priti Shenoy

Blogging had come to me unknowingly, I never quite thought it will become that breathe of fresh air. And I also believe, that when it has come, it has come for a purpose. I believe I am going to make it big one day and will be able to reach out to many. I write and write till oblivion, but that’s not it. In this era of advancement of technology and thoughts alike, it is very important to know the environment. I just started towards taking steps to publishing my first book and understood the importance of marketing, saleability issues. The same applies to blogging, I believe content is the keyword, yet many aspects remain unknown to even good content givers. I do not want to be one of the many, who write great but never get noticed. I dream to reach out. BNLF conference will be that opportunity for me to know, paths I should traverse and ones to avoid. I want to know the pros and cons. I want to know the market scenario. I want know the stories of the people who have made it large. So that I can live my passion, till the day I breathe my last. Looking forward to constructing a career in blogging for which BNLF conference will be a milestone.

I would like to end by thanking Indiblogger for taking the initiative and humongous efforts towards BNLF, looking forward to witnessing this extravaganza and being a part of it……….



Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

2 comments:

  1. Great blogpost Aritra.

    I've just blogged about the BNLF experience and takeaways on my blog here

    Do take a look and drop in your comments or add your take aways! :)

    ReplyDelete