Sunday 10 January 2016

I want to spread the vibe of humanity

Terror attacks are a part of living these days. Whether it is Pathankot or Paris, no place whatsoever have been spared of the poisonous fangs in the name of religion, liberation and what not. With this exponential increase of terrorisation of normal human life, there is an exponential increase of hatred too. A boiling pool of wrath to avenge for the deceased, the lost lives, the broken families is existent in the very heart of my Nation or the World as a whole. Frankly I am a firm believer of the singularity of the existence of the divine power. I don’t believe in distinguishing between Rama, Allah or Jesus. Given to this inherent inculcation in the deepest of me, it pains to see this growing loath in the name of Religious beliefs. I have always compelled myself to believe that terrorism is an insatiable extremism preached by people who have been brought up with a sense of alienation and jeopardy. It is anything but a religion. But unfortunately each time the name of a dreaded face of terrorism surfaces new-channels, papers or magazines, that seem to associate with Islam. But I personally have many Muslim friends and generalisation will be the last thing I would do, poisoning my liberated thought process with conjectures infused by a bunch of morons. However, some unwanted surmise happen to nest within us, through our unguarded subconscious.

I don’t know how I did not write about this earlier. Or maybe my deeply embedded emotions were waiting for the apt trigger to show. And probably this call to spread the vibe, created that desired vent for preserved emotions to let out and spread. Last year during the famous rains of Mumbai, though it rained desperately less in 2015, there was one not so fine day when the sky had enfolded a menacing grey and the rains refused to stop. And unfortunately I had to step out of my house for reasons irrelevant to this post. Before I was part of this maddening yet intriguing city of dreams, Mumbai, I had always craved to see the beauty of the marine drive when the rains came rumbling down. The googled images were always so romantic. But they never explained of the never ending jams, the chaos and lack of commuting means that impair the city during rains.

My husband was out of country and I needed something desperately and hence decided to step out in the downpour, carefully selecting a time in the afternoon when the rains had mellowed a bit. But to my utter horror, when I completed my work and decided to get back home the rain was violent to be precise. I don’t drive and hence there I was standing around 4 kms from my home, waiting for an auto, cab or anything under the sky that could take me back and safely.

The Sky was as if pouring incessantly to quench the never dying thirst of the greedy. City life was crippled completely. The so called life line of Mumbai, Locals had come to a grinding halt due to water on the tracks. The roads were jammed and water logging everywhere. I stood with a poker face drenched even with an umbrella, trying to get a means to commute. Cabs, Autos fled by, none would stop just like the rains. Suddenly the otherwise friendly city, turned insensitive. I stood for hours and it was nearing darkness. I thought I would walk, but seeing the water logging and road conditions I dreaded to start off.

Suddenly an auto stopped in front. By then my hands were tired gesturing them to stop. I evidently looked in despair. “Where do you want to go?” asked a man in his late twenties. When I told him my address, he hesitated for a minute or two but eventually said yes. When I got in, I saw a Burkha clad girl already seated inside. My unknown conjecture suddenly surfaced and my heart faced a sudden attack of fear “Oh God” I shuddered internally, “I hope these are good people”. Her face was bare, she smiled at me to my relief. The guy sped past the water clogged city and the girl talked to me. They were actually a couple, going to visit the guy’s mother. On seeing my sad state they decided to give me a lift. But my house was not in their way, yet they decided not to leave me alone in the heart of the drenching city. “This city has seen floods madam, it is not safe to be outside at this hour” said the girl. I paid them more than the normal fare, which they took with lot of hesitation.

They sped past leaving me with an answer. With the growing intolerance of one Religion for the other, at times I wondered whether goodness and compassion has anything to do with that. But now I know Compassion knows no religion. And in this terror stricken world, that young couple inspired me to hold on to my thoughts and let no external turbulence impact. They inspired me to spread the vibe of humanity and love.

Looking to get inspired click on the following link to indulge : YOUTH KI AWAAZ

Let us preach Religious Harmony 
our little ways and make this society
better. Let terrorism not infect our 
thoughts




 Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

7 comments:

  1. Your first-hand experience of compassion from an unknown person in Mumbai may seem too good to be true to many, but I can totally relate to this; having experienced similar incidents on several occasions. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. The incident reminded me to hold on to my thoughts

      Delete
  2. Very inspiring indeed. I am relatively new to Mumbai so your post brings me relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring indeed. I am relatively new to Mumbai so your post brings me relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shaivi for reading n appreciating!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Shaivi for reading n appreciating!!

      Delete
  4. YoBit enables you to claim FREE CRYPTO-COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as many as coins you want from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and keep claiming.

    You can click claim as much as 30 times per one captcha.

    The coins will stored in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or USD.

    ReplyDelete