Friday 4 November 2016

SodaWater Opererwala - A Restaurant Review

Parsi culture defines the essence of the city since it was called Bombay and has always intrigued me due to its distinctiveness. Similarly Parsi food was in my "to experience" list for long. But somehow things were not falling into place. But recently to my utter joy "SodaBottle Operwala" a famous restaurant chain of Parsi cuisine, opened their outlet in stone throw distance from my abode. Off-course I had to visit it, and so I did.


The decor, interesting isn't it?


My hubby enjoying his share of Dhansak

The decor of the place resonates Irani culture, but the evident constraint on space availability makes it a bit clumsy and also noisy. But overall there is uniqueness which is appealing.  The menu card is a relief from the ones we encounter regularly. There was not much I had tasted before. So me and my husband chose to start with "Chicken Farcha", a Parsi style fried chicken and spiced it up with "Masala Coke". The chicken preparation was a bit too oily, nonetheless tasted great and the masala coke really added to the flavour. For main course, there are no prizes to guess that we selected the famous Parsi delicacy "Mutton Dhansak" and I really loved it. I had heard that there is a remarkable similarly between Parsi and Bengali food, and this experience proved me correct. 


Overall, "SodaWater Openerwala" was a great experience to me and my first encounter with Iranian food. It is first of its kind in Thane and is drawing numerous Parsi Food lovers each day. I suggest it to all non veg lovers, for the vegetarians I really don't have an opinion to forward. However the sitting arrangement could be a bit more spaced out making the experience a little more comfortable. No, its not a fine diner but the prices are towards the higher side. Yet its a wonderful addition to the restaurants of the place, and definitely I will  be visiting it more.


Aritra Chakrabarty Sengupta

Visit my site: http://www.talestotell.co.in


My posing never seem to cease...

No comments:

Post a Comment